Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default Finding Product ID on the CD

I'm fairly certain that the product IDs are not on the disks. The reason I
say that is because I've had to replace disks and the old PID worked. They
are keyed into the type of product, which needs to match the product on the
disk.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lilman via OfficeKB.com" u21697@uwe wrote in message
Thank you for the help. However, I am trying to find the file on the CD(s)
prior to installation. For example: I have four CD's that I need to find
the
Product ID number on and the machine that I am checking the CD(s) on
already
has Microsoft Office 2000 installed. How can I find the Product ID file on
the CD(s) utilizing Windows Explorer. Thanks Again

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Use Belarc Advisor.

I am trying to find the Product ID number, not the Key number, within the
files on Microsoft Word. I understand how to find it once it's installed

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]

Thank You For the assistance