Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lilman via OfficeKB.com

Default Finding Product ID on the CD

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that, once the software is installed,
unique Product ID's are given to the Microsoft Office programs. After
installation I can view unique ID numbers for each of the Microsoft Office
disks. This leads me to believe that somewhere on the disk could be the
Product ID. I have put Disk 1 into a machine, right clicked the CD drive,
opened with Explorer, then looked through a lot of the files and have found
nothing. There are a vast amount of files. naturally, on the disk but I have
turned up nothing. Thank you for the assistance.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the product IDs are not on the disks. The reason I
say that is because I've had to replace disks and the old PID worked. They
are keyed into the type of product, which needs to match the product on the
disk.

Thank you for the help. However, I am trying to find the file on the CD(s)
prior to installation. For example: I have four CD's that I need to find

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Thank You For the assistance