Daiya Mitchell

Probably part of your text is set to No Proofing.
You have to assign a language to the text for Word to spellcheck it.
To assign a language, select all text and use Tools | Language.

This may have happened if you pasted in some text that was already set to No
Proofing, and then kept hitting enter and typing from that block of text.

If this happens in multiple documents, you may need to use a style-based
solution instead of the manual formatting solution given above. Post back
if so.

DM

On 12/8/04 4:11 PM, "ted medin" wrote:

Spell checker does not work on part of my 1 page doc. However, I did get a
comment about spell checker turned off for part of the doc. I did not
intentionally do that so how do I find out where its turned off & how to
turn it back on? TIA

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/