Jenn68 Jenn68 is offline
Junior Member

Default Word Compatibility Mode

I had previously created a series of mail merge documents using a perviuous version of Microsoft Office, I am now using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019.

These documents as well as all others created by Word 2016, despite having .docx extensions, open with "[Compatibility Mode] in the document title bar. This also is the case on a computer, I believe, running Office 2016.

I've opened the files, resaved them with MO2019 yet they chronically open in compatibility mode.

I have read about the normal.dotm file, which I had renamed allowing Word to recreate it, yet it still continues to be an issue.

Any suggestions?

Cross posted in part here ... http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-m...via-excel.html

Last edited by Jenn68 : May 26th 19 at 02:03 PM