Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I combine shapes and text

Insert a drawing canvas (in Word 2007, Insert Shapes New Drawing Canvas; in
earlier versions, Insert Picture New Drawing). Cut the shapes of the logo
and paste them onto the canvas. If the text is already in a text box, cut and
paste it too; otherwise, insert a text box on the canvas and paste the text into
it.

When everything is on the canvas, you'll be able to select it all, right click,
and choose Grouping Group.

If you don't want the canvas to remain, you can drag the grouped logo off the
canvas and then delete the canvas.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:31:01 -0700, cklater
wrote:

I made a logo in Word that consist of "text" and "shapes". Is there a way to
group these so it becomes one entity? I would like to be able to grab the
completed logo and re-size it, or move it without it separating.