Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henrik Henrik is offline

Default How to get rid of margin markers

I've looked in Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings and I only have
English (US), English (UK); Danish, German and French installed. I've had
that for a long while before this bug manifested itself. I tried to deinstall
everything except English (US) but the markers remained.

I'm not sure were else to look. I looked in Control Panel Regional and
Lanuage Options as well. Under the Languages tab,'Install Files for East
Asian Languages' is not selected, and under the Advanced tab, no East Asian
languages are selected under 'Code Page Conversion Tables' (but other
languages with particular characters -- e.g. Arabic, Russian -- are).

I suppose I could try to reinstall Word even though I'd rather not, as I'd
loose my customization. Do you think that would work?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

By 'we' Suzanne means the MVP community and other volunteers who answer
questions here. This is a well known bug. It is associated with Asian
languages and the only known fix is that described. Did you actually check
whether you had any Asian languages installed, as they can be installed
automatically if you access material that requires them?

Henrik wrote:
Well, that was hardly the answer I was looking for. I'm not quite
sure who the "we" in your answer refers to but what was in the
article didn't do it.

I don't have and never have had any of the Asian languages cited as a
cause turned on in my settings so the problem I've encountered is
obviously different.

There is thus another bug in the program.

Has anybody else had the same problem and also not been able to solve
it with what was described in that article?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No, we know exactly what you're talking about, and it's the problem
described in the KB article cited. If the fix given in that article
doesn't work for you, then we can't help you, I'm afraid.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Henrik" wrote in message
Graham

Thank you for answering but that didn't do it.

Perhaps it would be more obvious if I could post a screenshot. Is
that doable?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

"Margin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when
you open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003"
See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

Henrik wrote:
I have somehow managed to switch on a marker which shows the
margins on a page when I'm in print layout view. The marker are
two short lines connected at 90 degrees, pointing towards the
writing area.

How do I get rid of those?

I'm using Word 2003.

Thanks in advance