Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisB

Default How do I use hyperlink base?

Thanks,

However, setting no base adds a hyperlink ralative to my computer, it
inserts c:\etc ..., this will not be the same on other peoples machines.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Hi Chris:

The hyperlink base you set needs to be the complete path in Internet format
including the protocol identifier.

For hyperlink base to work, all the target documents need to be in the same
folder. You can't use a combination: it's either hyperlink base plus file
name (only), or you need the full explicit path and file name. You can't
have a hyperlink base + folder name + file name.

I suggest that what you "actually" want is NO hyperlink base. By default,
Word writes relative hyperlinks.

Cheers

On 30/3/06 6:54 PM, in article
, "ChrisB"
wrote:

I want to use an environment variable as a htperlink base in Word and Excel.
For example a variable DOCUMENTS may be set as c:\mystuff\documents and then
a hyperlink would be relative to it in a document. If I use
c:\mystuff\documents as the hyperlink base it is fine, but I can't see how to
use the variable DOCUMENTS. %DOCUMENTS% doesn't seem to work.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410