Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Unable to change style format

If the Chinese IME is enabled on your computer, or a Chinese font
somehow got installed, Ctrl-Spacebar will flip you into Chinese (it's
a Windows shortcut that Word can't override). It's safer always to use
Ctrl-Shift-Z to remove directly applied font formatting.

On Mar 16, 3:06*am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
To remove directly applied font formatting so as to return the text to the
formatting as defined in the style, select the text and then use
Ctrl+Spacebar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Melissa" wrote in message

news

To add on: I know I can just select the words and change the font to 10
manually.
But I'm interested to find out why the size won't change by applying a
style
to it.

"Melissa" wrote:

I am using Word 2000.
I inherited a document and started setting up formats for my own styles,
particularly Normal. I then used the format brush to change certain
paragraphs to Normal. *One paragraph is not behaving as expected. *The
whole
paragraph has been changed to Normal, i.e. Arial 10 but the last 2 words
are
size 12. *I have tried applying the Normal style directly to the whole
paragraph and to the last 2 words only but the size just won't change.

Any help?-