Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MIRROS MIRROS is offline

Default Word 2007 NOT RESPONDING - slow response time

Hi all,
I bought my brand new laptop a year ago, and it came with Vista Home Basic
installed, but only 512 MB RAM.
I installed Office 2007 and instantly had difficulties. Everything was slow,
but especially Word. I've upgraded RAM twice now, and now have 1.5 GB. Things
have sped up in general, but Word is still impossibly slow.

It takes up to 3 minutes to open up sometimes, and quite regularly stops
reponding. Not just when I'm saving, but sometimes at totally random times.
Common times though, are saving, opening a doc, or opening a drop down menu,
like text boxes.

I assumed it was the low RAM that was slowing down the operation, but what
are my other options???
Might it be as simple as reinstalling Word? I haven't tried that as I'm not
the most tech-savvy person, and wouldn't know how to go about it without
losing all my saved docs.

Help? Advice? Options???
Thanks in advance.