Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2007 NOT RESPONDING - slow response time

You don't need to install a printer, but you do need to install a printer
driver. Word requires the driver to format the document.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

MIRROS wrote:
Me again with more details:
I've hunted around this discussion board and it is happening to
everyone! I have no printer installed and I do not have that update
that people have mentioned.

The clear link with all these posts is Vista and I cannot fathom how
Microsoft made an operating system that isn't compatable with Word!

It is literally freezing up every few keystrokes now. It always starts
responding again, but I'd rather not wait the 2 minutes every time
just so i can type a simple document!!!

There HAS to be an answer SOMEWHERE!! Anyone? Please help.