Bill Ridgeway

Taking your description of the problem quite literally, if you don't have
any carriage returns in a document all the text will run on line after line
without a break. Is this what you have?

Have you done a global find and replace including ^p (which Word recognises
as a carriage return) and just eliminated them?

Sorry to answer your question with more questions.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Steve" wrote in message
I just loaded up a document and discovered it will no longer recognise
carriage returns!

All other programmes are working normally. All other documents in Word
(2002) are working normally. How do I get them back please???