Steve

No, the existing crs are there, but the enter key doesn't do anything.

Thanks.

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
Taking your description of the problem quite literally, if you don't have
any carriage returns in a document all the text will run on line after
line without a break. Is this what you have?

Have you done a global find and replace including ^p (which Word
recognises as a carriage return) and just eliminated them?

Sorry to answer your question with more questions.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Steve" wrote in message
I just loaded up a document and discovered it will no longer recognise
carriage returns!

All other programmes are working normally. All other documents in Word
(2002) are working normally. How do I get them back please???