Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I recover old data in a Word doc?

If you have "Automatically create backup copy" checked on the Save tab of
Tools | Options, then you'll find the previous version, in the same folder,
as "Backup of filename.wbk." You will need to change "Files of type" to
"All Files" to see this. If you don't have this option checked, now you see
why you should!

"Toney's internetverbinding"
m wrote in message
I have typed a letter in Word, saved it and closed it.
Next day opened the letter and changed it. Saved it under the same name

and
closed it again.

Now I am not so happy with version 2 and I want to go back to version 1
again. Is there a way to do this?
I know that there are programs to do this with. Can anyone help me?