Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default How do I recover old data in a Word doc?

Hi ?B?VG9uZXkncyBpbnRlcm5ldHZlcmJpbmRpbmc=?=,

I have typed a letter in Word, saved it and closed it.
Next day opened the letter and changed it. Saved it under the same name and
closed it again.

Now I am not so happy with version 2 and I want to go back to version 1
again. Is there a way to do this?

No, that information is lost. Unless you've set up Word to save a back-up copy
(wbk file in the same folder as the original). Then the version before your
most recent save would be in that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org