Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nit_Wit_400 Nit_Wit_400 is offline

Default Really odd -- only 255 characters merged...

I'm using Office 2003 Excel as a database to merge into a Office 2003
Word document.

My mergefields are all fairly large, and all but one of them are
allowing all the characters to be merged (some are upwards of 1000
characters)

The one that isn't merging all the characters is only allowing 255
(with spaces) -- no matter what I put in the cell... It's really
annoying. 255 sounds like a very "computer" number, so I'm not really
sure where to look for this type of problem, whether it's in my
datasheet or my word document.

Any pointers?