Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sparky

Default How to password protect multiple exisitng doc files at one ti

Hi Graham, being a novice in macro's I will need to read up about this so
thanks a lot for the sample macro and the link!
much appreciated

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The following macro should do that. Just make sure you don't forget the
password or you will not be able to open your documents -

Public Sub PasswordAll()

Dim FirstLoop As Boolean
Dim myFile As String
Dim sPassword As String
Dim PathToUse As String
Dim myDoc As Document
Dim Response As Long

PathToUse = InputBox("Path To Use?", "Path", "D:\My Documents\Test\Merge\")
sPassword = InputBox("Enter Password")

On Error Resume Next
Documents.Close SaveChanges:=wdPromptToSaveChanges
FirstLoop = True
myFile = Dir$(PathToUse & "*.doc")
While myFile ""
Set myDoc = Documents.Open(PathToUse & myFile)
If FirstLoop Then
With ActiveDocument
.Password = sPassword
.WritePassword = sPassword
End With
FirstLoop = False

Response = MsgBox("Do you want to process " & _
"the rest of the files in this folder", vbYesNo)
If Response = vbNo Then Exit Sub
Else
With ActiveDocument
.Password = sPassword
.WritePassword = sPassword
End With
End If
myDoc.Close SaveChanges:=wdSaveChanges
myFile = Dir$()
Wend
End Sub

Sparky wrote:
Can someone tell me how to mass password protect my documents?
I have many existing documents but do not feel like opening every
file to set the password protection. Is there an easy way to do many
docments at the same time?
Hope you know a way....