Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Navylovely

Default How come my "Insert" menu doesn't have "Symbol"?

Awesome! Thanks, that's exactly what happened. My laptop doesn't have the Num
- so I guess I can't use the shortcut for the emdash!

Thanks much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/LostSymbol.htm for an explanation.

"Navylovely" wrote in message
I cannot find the "Symbol" option on my "Insert" menu in Word. I know I

have
used this option before, and the Help option tells me this is where

"Insert
Special Character" is supposed to be. But I can't find it. In fact, I

cannot
find it anywhere. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it's a glitch in my version

or
something. Has anyone else ever had this problem?