Chad Harris

Default Can I Change a Font on the Fly?

Using MSFT Word 03 in MOS 03. I started a document with Courier New only
because I couldn't find the font that I wanted to use that has been used in
similar situations. Then I figured out that the font I wanted was *Times
New Roman*-- which is the default font in Word and probably has been since
Word Version I. I also saw there are Times New Roman Special G1 and G2 and
I'll try to find oout what they are and why.

1) You see this default font *everywhere.* I see it in many business
letters, (perhaps the majority), legal documents (motions and filings of all
types) even if there is no requirement for it. Why has Times New Roman
been adopted by MSFT for Word as the default font and why do so many people
seem to use it in proportion to choices of so many others on that drop down.

2) If someone started in Courier New and had typed 3 pages of a document,
then discovered they wanted to change it to another Font say Times New
Roman, what is the most efficient, and quickest way to change to Times New
Roman without having to erase and start over. Can you highlight and
Format(Change) Font? Is there any other faster way?

Tia,

Chad Harris