Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
malycom malycom is offline

Default Formatting Mergefiled Problems

Hi

I have looked up and found lots of similar problems with this but I haven't
found a specific answer.

By the way, this is the first time this problem has happened to me and I
have done dozens of merges so I don't know what's happened.

Firstly, my merged data from Excel is inserting a 0 where a filed is blank.

Example
Mr Name-1 Name-2
43 Some Street
City
0
0
0 postcode

Should look like

Mr Name-1 Name-2
43 Some Street
City
Postcode

I have tried things such as {IF{MERGEFIELD 'Excel data'} 0 "{MERGEFIELD
'Excel data'}"} but this merely took out the zero leaving blank lines kind of
like this

Mr Name-1 Name-2
43 Some Street
City

postcode

I then found this function {MERGEFIELD ExcelData \# 0;;} which removed the
blank lines but this has thrown up another error.
Anywhere there is more than one word in a mergefield, only the first word is
displayed and anything including and after the first space is missing.
Again, kind of like this.

Oh, and the Mr, Name-1 & Name-2 are 3 seperate Mergefields so they are ok.

Mr Name-1 Name-2
43
City
NW1

So, the 'Some Street' of '43 Some Street' is missing from address_1 and the
second part of the post code is missing after the space.

I hope I haven't made this to confusing.

Any healp is greatly appreciated.

Oh, Merry Christmas everyone.