Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default What controls indentation for automatic lists?

Yes, if you want control of outline numbering, set up a multilevel list or,
which is even better, a list style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mikepope" wrote in message
In Word 2007, I'm not seeing what settings control the indentation for
bulleted lists that you I create with the Bullets button in the toolbar.
In
particular, when I add a sublevel (change list level), I would like to be
able to set where the next list level goes.

I have set tabs in the List Paragraph style, but these don't seem (?) to
be
having an effect -- pressing Tab to change the list level seems to simply
move it in 1/2".

I can set up a multilevel list -- is that the only way to control
indentation?

Thanks!