Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Insert File result different from Word 2003 Insert F

So, I wonder if you could tell me what the difference is between opening a
Word document by double-clicking a .dotx file versus opening a .docx from
Normal.dotx and then attaching the other .dotx file with "update styles"?
Since these two approaches give different results there must be some
difference.

There should be no difference, at least with paragraph and character styles.
Again, table styles make (font) formatting more difficult. Changing the
document default font (on the Set Defaults tab of the Manage Styles dialog
box) might improve the situation.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BillBQ" wrote in message
Thanks for your response, Stefan. Unfortunately, I can't utilize the
approach of inserting with the launched template due to the way the VSTO
solution I have is designed. I must use the AttachTemplate approach. The
link does give me some more ideas, though.