Hoges in WA

That "MoreReplaceSpecial" is mint! I didn't know I could replace all
digits at one go - I've been doing 1 replace all 2 replace all 3 replace all.
Now I can do it once only.

The tip in "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web" about centre justifying
and then left justifying works well too - that used to drive me crazy.

I am most of the way towards doing this. Each line has a pilcrow so it's
coming from OE as a paragraph per line. The Autoformat is half-working - I
can't do the suggested clean up in "Cleaning up...." above because there are
no hard return lines and no line breaks - each one is a paragraph.

However, using the "MoreReplaceSpecial" is getting most of the way there
because it's wrapping each two lines at roughly where I have my margin set.
I don't think it's going to be a perfect solution but it's way better than
what I was doing before and what I was faced with.

For those interested in this little exercise, what I am doing is retrieving
the Top 100 lists of each week of each year of the 60s. I am then combining
the files, cleaning up the stuff I don't want and sorting into order. I then
end up with multiples of some songs (as they are in the Top 100 many times in
some cases) and keeping only one. I can then peruse and see what's left. If
I have the track already, I can clear it. If I don't, I can put it on my
list to go get. What I am aiming for by the end of next year, when all lists
have been published, is a complete list of every track that made the top 100
duing 1960. If I like the track, I'll then add it to my MusicMatch library
(currently 3,400-odd tracks). If I don't, I just don't bother with it. Just
so you know what started this.
Thanks Terry Hogan (in south west of Western Australia)

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

On 9/16/05 7:10 AM, "Hoges in WA" wrote:

Not that lucky. At the end of each line is a return. I can't put a return
in the Replace field as it won't editpaste.

Side note: to do this, click on More in the Replace dialog, and the Special
menu will allow you to enter such characters. Once you learn the codes, you
can just type them in instead of bothering with the menus.