Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default "Confirm Conversion on Open" Option

It should stay set. This seems to indicate that something is inhibiting
normal.dot from saving changes. Try changing the default font by using
Format, Font, select a different font or size and press the DEFAULT button.
Close Word. Now open it: is the font correct to the new default?

If not, check what third party add-ins you have installed: note that Adobe
is one of the biggest providers of add-ins that screw Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Rich Kooyer" wrote in message
I tried to set this option on my normal.dot in Word 2003. I opened up and
did some owrk in other documents and closed MS Word. I opened Word (w/o
another file) and the option was unchecked once again. Is there a way to
be
sure that this option stays checked for every document? Or is it document
specific? Thanks in advance!