Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DavidJ726

Default 1/3 Special Character Available?

That's where I've been looking. Under Unicode I have the following:

Latin:
1/4 1/2 3/4

Number Forms:
1/8 3/8 5/8 7/8

Under ASCII I have the following:
1/4 1/2 3/4

But I don't have the 1/3 or 2/3 in the number forms. I can type the 2153 or
2154 (for the 2/3) and it's inserted into my Word doc, but I can't see them
in the listing. But if I open up Excel I can find it immediately... Go
figure...

Thanks,
David

"Mary Sauer" wrote in message
Insert, symbol, subset, number forms.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"DavidJ726" wrote in message
Let me rephrase to be more specific. Where is 2/3? I can find the /8's,
/4's & 1/4 but not the /3rds.
Thanks

"Luc" wrote in message
David,
What happens if you type 2153 and then hit Alt+X.
Works for me here.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"DavidJ726" schreef in bericht
I can see the 1/4 1/2 & 3/4 special characters but nothing in 3rd's. Am
I missing them somewhere? I'm pretty sure I installed the math
equations option when I installed Word 2003.

Thanks,
David