Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.oleinterop,microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default How to make Word past a range with "Past link:" as with "Past:"?

Since you can paste a Word table as a link in an Excel range, but not
the other way around, I'd say that the limitation is with Word. I
don't know anything about the reason, though. For some reason, Word
was designed like this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply.
I have been pasting each cell separately for a year. Why can not

Excel past
with "Past link:" a range as with "Past:"?
"Stefan Blom" сообщил/сообщила в новостях

Then you'd have to copy and paste each cell from the Excel range
separately (as links, as unformatted text) in the corresponding

Word
table.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
I do not want the second table in a Word document. I want to

past
the Excel
cell values to corresponding cells in the Word table.
"Graham Mayor" сообщил/сообщила в новостях

Don't paste into a Word table. Paste the link into the word

document. The
result will look like the table in Excel.

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
Hello
I'm trying to past an Excel range of cell values in to a

Word
table
with a link to the Excel range of cells, but Excel pasts the

range in
to only one cell. I select a range with the same

orientation,
configuration and same number of cells in the Word table,

click
"Past
special" and "Past link:" for this. Word 2003 sp2 pasts the

range in
to a range of the same size if I click "Past special" and

"Past:",
not "Past link:". How to make Word past with "Past link:" in

range (not to only one cell) as with "Past:"?