Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Hide white space

Thanks, Suzanne. I'd hope something new like that would be where you could see it as you
worked, not buried in a big dialog box. Maybe a button on the status bar would have been
nice. Anyhoo, now I know.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message
My top margins disappeared, making it look like the paper is only 9" in height, not 11,
in print layout view. The margin was up against the top edge of the paper in the ruler
at left, and couldn't be dragged. I could find absolutely nothing in the menus or
toolbars to control this.

I finally discovered that clicking a double-up/down-arrow icon that appears when hovering
at the top edge of the paper in this view would restore the full page. Where the hell is
this in the menus??? It's a useful feature, but makes Word more of a "You gotta live
there" program, where the street signs are missing, but all the locals know the them, so
who needs them? Why is it so hard to find something like this when it's happened?
What's the matter with microsoft? (Rhetorical, of course).