Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default longer drop down box content?

A dropdown formfield has an absolute limit of 25 items and 50 characters per
item. There is no way to increase those numbers. The workaround is to create
a userform containing a list box, and copy the user's choice from that list
box back into the document. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/FormField_...rm_ListBox.htm for an illustration
of this workaround and a sample download.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

BDankas wrote:
I am creating a form letter in Word where the user fills in standard
form fields (company name, address, etc.) and needs to choose one of
three paragraphs to insert into the letter. I was thinking a a
drop-down box would be the easiest excpet for the fact that the
drop-down box only lets me put in approx. 10 words. My paragraphs
are approx. 70 words. Is there a way to make the drop-down options
longer? Or, is there a better way to do this?

I am using Word 2007