Graham Mayor

mickey h wrote:
I always have been able to save documents in Word (2000) to a floppy.
Now, when I try to do that, I get a message "The location you are
trying to save to is write protected". I don't know how it got write
protected and how I can change it. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Not only save! Never ever read from, write to or print from floppy with
Word. This is the most certain method of ensuring document corruption. Copy
to the hard disc and work on the document from there. This is equally
relevant to other removable media such as CDRW.