Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Missing text with pdf Conversion

Nothing has shown up. Try using this address: jl dot paules at gmail dot com

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
Hi JoAnn,

I sent it to you - thx! If you don't get it can you pls re-post a reply.
sent it to the e-mail above with "no spam" removed.

cheers,
patchier karen

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Patch-ier -

Can you send me the file or is it proprietary?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
haha...

Nope, most of the text in that column is "Normal" style including
chunks
that are missing and text portions that show up properly in the pdf.
Any
ideas?

cheers,
patch-ier

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Dear Patch-head,

Any chance you missing text all uses the same font that happens to be
something different than the rest of the document?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
Hi JoAnn,

Thx a mint for replying to this post.

Yes, the text shows in print preview, and prints on a standard laser
printer
(HP Laserjet 4050).

just call me patch-head
karen

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Will said missing text print on a regular printer?

BTW - You might be able to start a new fashion trend if you pull
enough
chunks out but I don't think I'll be adopting that style any time
soon.
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"klam" wrote in message
When I convert my Word document to pdf, the pdf file has whole
chunks
of
text
missing.

The file is a table that is four pages long. No embedded stuff
or
graphics
in it, just text with different styles applied.

I can't find a pattern (i.e., it is not just one style that is
missing,
block of text is missing from every page but not in the same
place,
some
part
of a row will print out but not others).

I have checked that under Tools Options Drawing Objects is
checked.
Although as mentioned, it's text within a table.

Using Word 2000 on stand alone XP and Acrobat 5.

Any help with this hair-puller, greatly appreciated!
karen