Formatting restrictions are for ordinary templates, not forms. You can apply
a specific style to a text form field, but all the entered text will be in
that style.

"AnttiK" antti.koksalo( at )vamp.fi wrote in message
"Jezebel" kirjoitti:
It's called a "form", well documented in help.

Where your question becomes challenging is the issue of *preventing*

users
screwing up your document. If you can assume that your users have no
malicious intent, there's no problem -- create a form in the usual way

and
simply *ask* them not to muck around with it. Not even worth posting a
question about... just follow the examples in Help.

If you can't make that assumption you need to be *very* specific about

what
you're trying to achieve.'Allowed' in the sense that getting it wrong

will
literally kill people? -- (which is the case with some kinds of
documentation.)

We are already using forms. Unfortunately we cannot make the assumption

that
the layout of the document will stay untouched, therefore we must protect

it
from such changes. We are trying to allow only the use of four or five
different styles inside the text form fields. For some reason after
protecting the document, no styles are selectable by the user. This is
strange since the "1. Formatting restrictions" section of the protect
document gives the idea of being able to choose from certain styles. Are

we
misunderstanding something, or is there another way of handling the issue?

-Antti