Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default How to alphabetize a list

Perhaps it will ease the pain to consider that the overwhelming majority of
the sorting done in a word processing program involves content in a Table or
a Tabular List. Not only does it not seem absurd to have it there, but also
quite logical

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"BruceM" wrote in message
In Word 2000 you would select the text you want sorted, then click Table
Sort, and choose to sort by paragraph. It is in my view absurd to sort
something that isn't in a table by clicking the Table menu, but there it
is. I don't know if they improved on the reasoning in Word 2003.

"Karen" wrote in message

"joy" wrote:

IWhen I look in Help within MS Word (2003) it says How to sort a list or
table, and then it only tells how to sort in a table. This is just one
long
list of names and I want to alphabetize the list. I don't want them in
table. If I try to put them in a table and sort from there I get a long
black vertical line and the names disappear. Can anyone help? TIA.