Go to Insert | Reference | Footnote and change the Numbering setting from
"Restart each page" to "Continuous." Be sure to click Apply rather than
Insert so you don't get a new footnote.

"Melsco" wrote in message
I am editing a document crearted by another person and the footnotes I

edit
or insert put it are not following the numbering sequence 1,2.3 etc but
starting at 1 again. My numnbering starts from 1 on every page, as do the
footnotes created by the the original creator of the document. I have

tried
everything in the Help menu without success.