Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
consiglieri

Default fields queries and utter disaster

Hi

Thanks for the answers.

To beging with - what i want to achieve is simply an autmatic query
whereby my word document receives a particular field from the database.
I input for instance a project number and from the database a klient
number for that project is selected and automagically inserted into the
word document upon save or print. This is a pretty straightforward deal
with openoffice and I would imagine that one should be able to do it
with MS Office.

How i connect to mysql

Well i simply used the database tools in word. Made added a source. But
since I have a swedish version I will need to figure out the
appropriate english terms. Its a holiday here so I will get back on
that one.

Thanks