Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
consiglieri

Default fields queries and utter disaster

Hi all

I've been looking into using perl and the win32:le module. From my
tests so far this seems to be a way to achieve mysql connectivity. Let
the perl script connect to the mysql server, gather the info you want
in the word documents, then open the word document with win32:le with
the necessary info inputed. I haven't had 100% success, but so far I
can initiate a word or excel document, input info. Ofcourse using perl
and applescript should be a doable. Since I know more perl then
applescript I havent tried applescript yet.

I will certainly let the mac business unit know what I think word
should be able to do with resepct to mysql connectivity.

Thomas

PS/ Should i continue to post efforts to try an connect even if they
include som perl or applescript specifics?