Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Calculating average in a table

Hi Kell,

If there are no gaps in the table between the 'average' row and the first row, you could use a formula field coded as:
{=AVERAGE(ABOVE)} or {=AVERAGE(BELOW)} to average the column; or
{=AVERAGE(LEFT)} or {=AVERAGE(RIGHT)} to average the row
Put the formula at the bottom, top, right or left, respectively.

If there are gaps in the range, you could use a formula field coded as:
{=AVERAGE(A1,A3, A5,A7,A9)} or {=AVERAGE(A1,A3, A5:A9)} or {=AVERAGE(A1,A3:A4, A6:A9)}
whe
.. 'A1,A3, A5,A7,A9' lists the individual cells;
.. 'A3:A9' lists the range of cells; and
.. 'A1,A3:A4, A6:A9' lists a combination of individual cells and ranges,
to be averaged.

Cheers

--
macropod