Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Set the default outlining level display in Word 2007

Something like that was supposed to be my next suggestion... :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You could intercept the command with a macro saved in the normal template eg

Sub ViewOutline()
With ActiveWindow
.ActivePane.View.Type = wdOutlineView
.View.ShowHeading 2
End With
End Sub

which will show up to level 2 - change 2 to 3 for levels 1 2 and 3

Rudy wrote:
When I switch to Outline view, the default shows all the lines of the
text.

I'd like by default to show only the Level 2 headers.

Or Level 1, 2, and 3.

This used to work in Word 2003, but I can't make it work in Word 2007.