If you're viewing the document in Print Layout view, there will be no header
area (to double-click in) unless there is a header. If you still don't get a
header pane when you explicitly use View | Header and Footer, this is a
symptom of document corruption. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"Gumby" wrote in message
There is no header space to type it in. I'm working on someone else's
documents and have no idea what happened to the header.

"Jezebel" wrote:

You've accidentally deleted it. Retype it, or go back to a previous

version
of the document.

"Gumby" wrote in message
How do I get a header back on a document that has disappeared? I can

see
the
footer but when I switch to the header there is nothing there.