Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DP DP is offline

Default QAT

Wow - Little did I realize the how much I could learn from my simple
question. I still think MS should share their profits with you gals/guys.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You will only have this partricular problem of accidental overwriting if you
adopt the sloppy practice of using old documents as the basis for new ones.
Save the old document as a template and create new documents from it. The
new documents are unnnamed and the first save will give you the save as
dialog.

dp wrote:
When I used 2003 I deleted 'save' and only used 'save as' as a
precaution against overwriting. Just started using Word 2007. Can
the button 'Save As' be added to QAT? TIA