Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Selecting a word before a character to make bold...

I see we have two threads on the same subject

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Select all of the paragraphs and then run a macro containing the
following code:

Dim i As Long
Dim rng As Range
With Selection
For i = 1 To .Paragraphs.Count
Set rng = .Paragraphs(i).Range
rng.End = rng.Start + InStr(rng, "-") - 1
rng.Font.Bold = True
Next i
End With

"rohit92" wrote in message
Hey guys,
I think this might help me in the future, but I want to use
something like this for school. Say i have this text:
"dog- an animal that barks
cat- an animal that meows"

So what I want to do is select the words before the "-" to make them
bold. The words dog and cat should be bold. Sometimes i have very
large lists to do
this with and it gets annoying to constantly select each word and
make it bold.. So let me know if it is possible.