Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Removing blank spaces and "" marks

It helps if you include the space along with the when performing the
Replace, but if you've already failed to do that, try pressing Ctrl+E to
center the paragraph, then Ctrl+L to left-align it again. For more on this,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

"Virg" wrote in message
Hi all. I take a lot of emails that have been forwarded several times and
contain a lot of those aggravating "" marks and paste them into a word
document. When I use the Find and Replace and enter the and leave the
replace with blank, word removes the , but now I'm left with all this

white
space. What's the secret for removing extra white space between words?
--
Virg