Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Removing blank spaces and "" marks

Did you try using Ctrl+E, Ctrl+L to remove the spaces? See also
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm, which offers a macro to
automate the steps detailed in my article.

"Virg" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the post! I have tried that, but I guess what I'm looking for

is
the utility that Graham directed me to. Your suggestion DOES remove the

""
and a blank space, but I still have to go back and do some touch up
(sometimes a lot of touch up).
--
Virg

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It helps if you include the space along with the when performing the
Replace, but if you've already failed to do that, try pressing Ctrl+E to
center the paragraph, then Ctrl+L to left-align it again. For more on

this,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Virg" wrote in message
Hi all. I take a lot of emails that have been forwarded several times

and
contain a lot of those aggravating "" marks and paste them into a

word
document. When I use the Find and Replace and enter the and leave

the
replace with blank, word removes the , but now I'm left with all this

white
space. What's the secret for removing extra white space between words?
--
Virg