Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to create short cut keys to Jump back to top of table of contents

WebGoBack may be a better alternative, as you have found. However, note that
when the TOC is selected, you can go to the start of it by pressing Left
arrow on your keyboard.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
When you run the GoToTableOfContents command, Word *selects* the TOC. That
means you may not necessarily see the beginning of a long TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sunshine280" wrote in message

I found that Alt+left arrow will take me back to the table of contents
after using the link in table of contents to go to a section. I have a
145 page doc and want to be able to quickly get back to TOC to then link
to another section

I would like to customize this to be keyboard shortcut Ctrl+b instead. I
cannot find this command in the Word Options/customize keyboard. I did
see a command GoToTableOfContents, but this takes me to the BOTTOM of
the table of contents rather than the top. If this isn't possible, is
there a way to customize a shortcut to go to a particular page? (Table
of contents is on page 3)

--
sunshine280