Anne Troy

Default Weird Margin hassles with Word 2000...?

Ken: Word uses tables to set up labels (all that I've ever seen, at least).
The tables borders are likely outside the printable area. Tables, by
default, have almost a tenth-inch top and left margin on the cells, so while
the table cells might be outside that printable area, your data may not be,
and probably isn't. Except for the annoyance of it, I would ignore it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Kenneth" wrote in message

Howdy,

I use Word 2000 to print labels to an OKI pin printer.

I am getting the error:

"The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area
of the page..."

I understand what that error means, but am baffled still:

I have the driver for the printer set so that there is NO
non-printable area. That is, it is set to allow every part
of the label to receive text.

Given that, where is Word getting the information about
non-printable area, and how can I tell it to use the proper
data so that the errors will be suppressed?

Very sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth