Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Ken is offline

Default Start pg numbering on 3rd page, with no # on 1 or 2?

Yeah, I tried breaking into a new section so that the page I want to call
No. 1 is the first page in a new section, and I got to the point where it
would show "1" as the page number. But the pages in the previous section
were numbered as well!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Ken" wrote in message
Office Word 2007

I need to start my page numbering on the third page of my document,
calling it pg no. 1. But I don't want the first or second pages to show
any page number.

I know how to do this if I begin my numbering on the second page, but
can't figure out how to do this starting the numbering on the third page.
The best I can come up with shows no number on the first page, a number 1
on the second page, and then another number 1 on the third page.

Help?

You need to use Section Breaks. It will get you tearing your hair out
trying to do such a simple task, but it can be done!