Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] marze000@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to insert page numbers starting on the third page?

I want my numbers to start on page 5 of my document how do I do that without
pushing down my text and typing my text.

"Carol" wrote:

You can use section breaks and have different footers on every page if you
like and then you can change your numbering as you see fit.

"Sam" wrote:

Hello,

Word only allows us to decide whether or not we want page numbers on the
first page. What if I don't want a page number on pages 1 and 2 of the
document, and want to display page number [set to value of say 40] starting
on third page [i.e., the third page in the document has "40" displayed on the
bottom; the fourth page - "41" ,etc]?

Thank you for your help