Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DebsH DebsH is offline

Default Removing outline numbering from heading styles?

Having updated my heading styles by applying a multilevel list (i.e. 1, 1.1,
1.1.1), how do I permanently revert back to simple headings without numbers?
I can remove the multilevel list from the text itself, but subsequent new
headings continue to be numbered. I can update each heading style in turn to
match a selected heading that has had numbering turned off, but there must
surely be a way to remove the outline numbering from all the styles despite
the fact that outline numbering is no longer accessible via Modify Style?