Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Accept Paragraph Number Change

Try again with selecting the numbering, but be sure to click the new heading
number (the one without deletion markup) and accept the change for it. The
markup on the rest of the numbers should go away, but the paragraph text
should be unaffected.

If I click one of the other numbers (with deletion markup), the
accept/reject change icons do not light up.

I saw your first message andI was pretty sure I had done this several times
before in W2007, but didn't have time to test it before answering.
Apologies.

HTH,
Pam

Jerry wrote:
I posted this last week (original post pasted in below) and didn't get a
satisfactory answer.

Is there an easy way to accept a changed paragraph number in Word 2007
without accepting the other changes in the paragraph?

After making many changes in a document with numbered paragraphs, I added a
paragraph. This changed all the following paragraph numbers, and the new
paragraph numbers now show up as tracked changes. My manager considers
non-content changes such as these "clutter," and she insists that we accept
them before sending documents out for review.

How can I accept the paragraph number changes without accepting all other
changes, too?

It would be nice if I could just undo all the changes I made after I added
the new material, but I've gone way beyond that now. In 2003, this was easy.
There's probably an easy answer in 2007, too. But like everything else in
2007, it's almost impossibly hard to find the answer because nothing is where
you expect it to be.

Thanks,

Jerry

-----Here's my original posting-----
On Jan 14, 7:34 pm, Jerry wrote:
I am a new (and still frustrated) user of Word 2007.

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Thanks.

-----Here's the "answer" I got-----
Undo all the messing around you did after it went wrong and turn off
Track Changes, add the new numbered paragraph (and the following
paragraphs change their numbers), then turn Track Changes back on.