Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Kerich

Default Section number is alway 0 in figure or table caption

I am trying to insert the section numbers into the Figure and Table caption
lines and all Im getting this Figure 0-1 or Table 0-1 vs. Figure 1-1 or
Table 2-1 etc. Each section starts with a Header 1 font and I am using
section breaks in the document. I read the help section on caption and but I
am still getting 0 for all sections.

When I tried to verify that the caption was setup correctly I did the
following:
Insert-reference-caption
I pressed the AutoCaption button
Checked all the word option on the list (there were 3)
Selected Figure for use label
Pressed the number button
Checked the use chapter number box
Style is Header 1

However I am still getting 0 for the section.

Section break(s)
Section 1 €“ OPS style Header 1

Figure { STYLEREF 1 \S }-{ SEQ Figure \* ARABIC \S 1 }, Operational
Environment
Or
Figure 0-1, Operational Environment

Section break

is what I see when I do an Alt-F9.

Any ideas why I am always getting 0 for the section?