Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do I fit 4 excel charts on one word page?

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:46:02 -0700, Ebee
wrote:

I'm working in Office 2007. I want to move 4 charts from Excel into a paper.
I would like to have 2 or 4 per page with room for captions underneath. When
I tried to make them smaller, the axis titles overlayed the axis values etc.

I think it depends on (a) how you "moved" the charts and (b) how you
tried to make them smaller.

In Excel, select a chart and copy it to the clipboard. Put the cursor
in Word (preferably in a table, which will keep the charts in the
correct places) and paste. (If you'd like to keep the charts linked to
the Excel data so they update when the data changes, then instead of
an ordinary paste you can click the Paste button on the Home ribbon,
choose Paste Special, click the "Paste link" option, choose "Microsoft
Office Excel Chart Object", and click OK.)

If you click the outer part of the chart area in Word, you should get
a thick frame around the whole chart. When you grab one of the corners
of the frame and drag diagonally, the chart should resize
proportionally. Dragging the top, bottom, or sides will change the
aspect ratio (height/width).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman