Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

Default Word 2003: Can't drag and drop highlighted text

It was only happening with one document, which does seem to crash a lot (a
large doc with a lot of tables and autonumbered headers). All of a sudden
it's ok now. Thanks for responding. If it happens again I'll try naming
normal.dot.
--
LAC

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Does this happen with all documents? With a particular (set of) document(s)?
Could the document be protected?

If drag and drop doesn't work in new, blank documents, have you tried to
locate and rename the normal.dot template; you can search for it in Windows
(be sure to search hidden files and folders)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LAC" wrote:

Usually I can highlight text and then move the text to another place. Now
when I do this I get a circle with a slash through it. I've checked
Tool--Options--Edit, drag and drop text editing is checked. Is there any
other way to fix this?
--
LAC